July 2019 – The Month of Perfection and Your Month of Rejoicing
My Month of Rejoicing
Praise the Lord, it is July, the seventh month of year 2019. The month of Perfection and Your Month of Rejoicing. The month of July starts the second half of the year, which means 6 months have come and gone in the year 2019 and that is why we have to rejoice in the Lord.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Philippians 4:4
One of the best ways to extinguish problems in our lives is to count our blessings and praise the Lord. It’s hard to get mad when one is happy. Sometimes the trials and pressures of life make it almost impossible to be happy. But Apostle Paul did not tell his readers to be happy. He encouraged and commanded us to rejoice in the Lord, in fact, he said it twice in Philippians 3:1 and 4:4 and Rejoice always in 1 Thessalonian 5:16.
Rejoicing is a great antidote for discouragement, depression, division, and disunity. In spite of our trials and problems, we can still rejoice. God wants His people to be joyful and He gives them every reason to be. But a Christian’s joy does not spring from his circumstances, but from the blessings that are his because he is in Christ.
Rejoicing is also an attitude of thanking God for what He has done for us. Habakkuk 3:17-18 indicates that God demands that His children rejoice regardless of what is happening. We are to be constantly and habitually rejoicing in the Lord for the following reasons:
- The salvation of our souls through the Lord Jesus Christ (Psalms 9:14, 13:5; Colossians 1:27).
- God’s blessings that we enjoy daily (Deuteronomy 12:7).
- He is our defender and our shield (Psalm 5:11).
- For keeping His promises (Malachi 3:6).
- The Word of God, the Scriptures that guide us (Psalms 119:162; Jeremiah 15:16)
- The security that we enjoy in Him (Exodus 18:9; Psalms 5:11).
- The satisfaction we have in God and seeking Him (Psalms. 132:161 Chronicles 16:1).
- The strength from the Lord (Nehemiah 8:10).
- Our King Jesus will come again (Zechariah 9:9).
- Be glad in the lord, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart (Psalm 32:11).
This month, as we rejoice in the Lord, we must deal with every form of sin so that the silencer does not put out our joy. I pray we shall be victorious, in Jesus’ Name.
As you rejoice and praise the Lord, you will begin to receive unsolicited miracles. The Lord will fight your battles, doors of opportunities will swing open of their own accord before you. God will perform unlikely and uncommon miracles in your life. Your expectations will not be cut short in the Name of Jesus.
- Praise God for the salvation of your soul;
- Praise God for His grace which kept you alive till today.
- Spend quality time to bless Him for previous blessings. It is one thing to have food; it is another thing to have appetite to eat it.
- Rejoice in the Lord always.
Welcome to July 2019, the month of Perfection and your Month of Rejoicing. May the Lord perfect all that concerns you in Jesus Name.
Yours in Him,
Pastor Dr. Lillian Haastrup
October 1, 2019
September 1, 2019